Wednesday, March 14, 2007

professors in huancayo





We have turned into professors. The children at the kindy call us professor and even tell us when they have to wee wee. The kids are fun to play with and even enjoy our singing. Our spanish is no better than when we left but we can buy furmers,aqua and cafe by ourselves. The altitude is not too bad first couple of days there was some very odd swelling. The water goes off every day from 10 a.m. till the next morning so no night showers for us. The water is not drinkable either unless it is boiled.
Our host family is serving us traditional peruvian food and there has not been one meal we both have not enjoyed. Very healthy diet. Lots of rice and corn. Going to the jungle with our mother on a week end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done you - are you having a good time - is there hot water?? we are all having a fabulous time in OPD - morning teas every day. deb's wedding was beautiful - she looked like a really girl (very pretty) hugo was very happy and proud. Dayna looked lovely. Sounds like you guys are well into the swing of things - time is racing by - will be time to go soon!! Just saw the photo's you emailed to Morgan - nice photo of you Vik - Anyway gotta go - have a ball

Anonymous said...

Hi Girls I'm still at Bribie Island but I have had a very uplifting workshop and I think my confidence may be up where yours is. I wish I was there with you but I am sure Morgan is feeding Monty. I have not been able to get on to my email but I will email you next week. Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

sounds like all is well you both. hope you are having a fantastic time . great news abouut morgan i have been speaking too him he sounds excited. talk soon tan xx